I wanted to do a blending tutorial for my friends over at Painted-Ladies.com, so this is posted at their blog as well as here.
You’ll want a mid-tone taupe shade, a slightly deeper brown/purple/taupe shade, and a highlight shade that coordinates with the colors.
The colors I used were Silk Naturals Boom, Idolize and Lurid.
Boom – MAC Shroom clone, warm oyster
Idolize – MAC Idol Eyes clone, silvered violet with gold
Lurid – MAC Moth Brown clone, plum taupe velvet matte
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance – all over eye area
- Detrivore Primer – on lid and in crease
- Silk Naturals Idolize – on lid and in crease, inner lower lash line
- Silk Naturals Lurid – crease and outer lower lash line
- Silk Naturals Boom – inner corners of eye, inner lid and on browbone to highlight
- Aromaleigh Lash Primer
- Covergirl in Black Ruby
- Meow Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Siamese
Note: These are not affiliate links. These are just so that if you want to purchase any of the items used, they’re easy for you to find.
Please feel free to comment here or at Painted-Ladies.com. We’d love to hear what you think!