For today’s look I was inspired by one of the many gorgeous looks in the NARS Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself by François Nars. I didn’t do it exactly the way it was done in the book, as I added a dab of creme blush and I also chose a different lip color.
I started out by applying my LAVANILA The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face and letting it sink in for about 15 minutes. I also applied CoverGirl NatureLuxe SPF 15 lip balm in Marble to my lips. Then I applied a bit of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15 With Dermaxyl to my t-zone. I then dotted NARS Sheer Glow Liquid Foundation in Siberia all over my face and eyes and blended with my finger tips. I next dabbed some Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Light under my eyes and gently blended. Then with a big powder brush I applied Aromaleigh Ultra Resolution Finishing Powder all over my face and eyes.
I took NARS Luxor and applied on my cheeks and blended with my finger tips. I applied Luxor with a shader brush from my lash line to my eyebrows. With a fluffy soft brush, I applied Meow Psychic from lash line to eyebrows. With a small smudger brush I applied Fyrinnae Ravens & Writing Desks lightly along the upper and lower lash line. I next applied MUFE Aqua Liner in 7 Black Diamond Purple to only the upper outer lash line. I next curled my lashes and used Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer. I follows that up with Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara.
I next brushed my brows, then defined my brows with my Nyx black brow pencil. I softened the edges with a stiff angled shadow brush. I then applied a small tiny dab of MAC Maidenchant creme blush. I used a bit of NARS Nico to lightly contour my cheeks. I used NARS Copacabana to highlight.
Then I finished things off with Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Bombay & Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Michelle. I set everything with Skindinavia finishing spray.
Roughly, these are the steps:
1. LaVanila SPF 40 Face Cream
2. Cover Girl NatureLuxe SPF 15 lip balm
3. NARS Sheer Glow Liquid Foundation in Siberia – all over face and eyes.
4. Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Light – under eyes
5. Aromaleigh Ultra Resolution Finshing Powder – all over face
6. NARS Luxor – on cheeks (iridescent pink)
7. NARS Luxor – from lash line to eyebrows
8. Meow Psychic – from lash line to eyebrows, lightly
9. Fyrinnae Ravens & Writing Desks- lightly along upper and lower lash line
10. MUFE Aqua Liner in 7 Black Diamond Purple – outer upper lash line
11. Curl Lashes
12. Diorshow Lash Primer
13. Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara
14. Defined brows with Nyx black brow pencil & used brush to soften edges
15. Applied a dab of MAC Maidenchant creme blush to cheeks
16. NARS Nico – to lightly contour cheeks
17. NARS Copacabana – to highlight cheekbones (glistening pearl)
18. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Bombay (poppy rose)
19. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Michelle (raspberry rose)
20. Skindinavia finishing spray
Tags: Buxom, Fyrinnae, Meow Cosmetics, NARS, Neutral Look
I think you’ve convinced my I need that book. There are way too many makeup books that offer tired, boring, and outdated advice, so it’s nice to see one that is useful!
I thought this was very simple but beautiful. I should have not added Maidenchant and chosen a more violet lip though.
Ah, simple and gorgeous!! Definitely falls into that “fresh & dewy” category of looks I’m always seeing beauty editors rhapsodize And I love that you’re working your way through the new book–can’t wait to see what you pick next!
You look beautiful, but then you always do! =D I like the curious expression on Phaedra’s face in the second to last picture. Do you know what she’s looking at?
She was looking at a person
I *love* that lip combo, your lips look so full and juicy!
Oh thank you!
A neutral eye with juicy lips … so lovely !
You look radiant. I’m going to have to pick up some buxom lippies soon.
Definitely! They’re awesome.
I think Phaedra approves!
And if she approves…who am I to disagree eheh
LOVELY! Great nearly no makeup look! The lips are awesome, and I think you’re right, Siberia is definitely your color!
Thank you Thia!
That’s simple but gorgeous! Love the lip color.
This looks so pretty and natural, I love it. I must say, Phaedra really adds to the lool, lol!
Hehe thanks VB!