A while back I had the opportunity to try out Shielo’s color protect line. I tried their Strengthening shampoo, Reflecting conditioner and their Leave-in heat protectant (which will be reviewed separately. This is a cruelty free, sulfate free line, which I really like.
The Website Claims:
• StrandGuard Complex® protects hair from environmental factors that can fade color and cause premature degradation of the hair structure.
• Expansion Technology® increases the diameter of the hair shaft, reduces hair loss and allows the hair to flex without breaking.
• Sunflower Seed Extract seals in color and increases shine.
• Certified Organic Extracts condition hair and increase shine.
• Protecting and preserving salon color
• Adding body and resilience
• Reflecting light to avoid sun damage
• Increasing hair flexibility, reducing breakage
$12.50 for the shampoo (on sale right now) 8 oz
$12.50 for the conditioner (on sale right now) 8 oz
Does it live up to its claims?
I think so. My hair felt silky smooth after using this shampoo and conditioner set. It felt light, not weighed down at all, which is sometimes a problem with conditioners. My color didn’t fade at all, which makes me very happy. I can’t speak to whether or not my hair shaft increased in diameter, as my hair didn’t feel any thicker to me.
My only downside is that I had an allergic reaction to the shampoo and conditioner.
Would I purchase?
I would not purchase, but only because I had an unfortunate reaction to the shampoo and conditioner. I think I’m allergic to whatever was used in it for fragrance, as it made my scalp red, hot and itchy. I tried using and then discontinuing use several times, and while it made my hair feel great, my scalp did not agree.
I think if you’re not sensitive to fragrance, this is a great shampoo and conditioner to use. I didn’t experience my color fading, which is no small feat considering that I’ve got extensions in my hair right now.
Product sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.