A while back I had the opportunity to try out Shielo’s color protect line. I tried their Strengthening shampoo, Reflecting conditioner and their Leave-in heat protectant (which will be reviewed separately. This is a cruelty free, sulfate free line, which I really like.
The Website Claims:
• StrandGuard Complex® protects hair from environmental factors that can fade color and cause premature degradation of the hair structure.
• Expansion Technology® increases the diameter of the hair shaft, reduces hair loss and allows the hair to flex without breaking.
• Sunflower Seed Extract seals in color and increases shine.
• Certified Organic Extracts condition hair and increase shine.
• Protecting and preserving salon color
• Adding body and resilience
• Reflecting light to avoid sun damage
• Increasing hair flexibility, reducing breakage
$12.50 for the shampoo (on sale right now) 8 oz
$12.50 for the conditioner (on sale right now) 8 oz
Does it live up to its claims?
I think so. My hair felt silky smooth after using this shampoo and conditioner set. It felt light, not weighed down at all, which is sometimes a problem with conditioners. My color didn’t fade at all, which makes me very happy. I can’t speak to whether or not my hair shaft increased in diameter, as my hair didn’t feel any thicker to me.
My only downside is that I had an allergic reaction to the shampoo and conditioner.
Would I purchase?
I would not purchase, but only because I had an unfortunate reaction to the shampoo and conditioner. I think I’m allergic to whatever was used in it for fragrance, as it made my scalp red, hot and itchy. I tried using and then discontinuing use several times, and while it made my hair feel great, my scalp did not agree.
I think if you’re not sensitive to fragrance, this is a great shampoo and conditioner to use. I didn’t experience my color fading, which is no small feat considering that I’ve got extensions in my hair right now.
Product sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.
This looks really good. The price is pretty reasonable as well. I’m sorry you had an allergic reaction though
Me too I really think the products are quality, just that they won’t work for me personally. Which sucks, because I LOVE how they made my hair feel.
The second ingredient in the shampoo, isn’t it one of the more harsh cleansing agents?
It might be.