I was tagged by the amazing Jen of MyBeautyBunny. I don’t normally do these sort of things, but since it’s Jen, I’m in
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
11 Things about Phyrra:
1. I was born in Indiana and grew up there.
Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
2. For the first 19 years of my life I went to church religiously (tee hee), usually twice a week but sometimes three times a week.
3. I have anxiety issues and often feel socially awkward, which is why I prefer to write and communicate online.
4. I’m more obsessed with poodles than makeup. Seriously.
5. I love coloring my own hair and searching for hair inspiration.
6. I thought I was a cat person my entire life until Phaedra. Here’s Phaedra with our late Birman cat, Quasar.
7. The Last Herald Mage Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey was the single most influential series of my childhood. The books shaped me and taught me to be open-minded and tolerant. Vanyel was my hero. Hell, Vanyel is still probably my hero. I still love these books and re-read them a ton. I’ve gone through 1 full set of paperbacks and then replaced them with this hardback of the series. I need to get them in e-book format for my Kindle Fire. I love this world, the series, the books, the characters etc.
Image: Jennifer Ellison / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
8. I love thunderstorms and the rain. The fact that there are so many storms in Florida was one of my primary motivating factors for moving here.
Image: rakratchada torsap / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
9. I’m allergic to soy. This is a pain because I love tofu. Soy is also in SO MANY THINGS! A little bit of soy won’t hurt me. A lot will make me miserable. It limits a lot of my alternative meat dishes. I do eat seitan, which is wheat protein. We’ve also started making ‘meatballs’ from black beans and rice, coating them in breadcrumbs, and then baking them. I use almond milk instead of soy milk, and I actually prefer almond milk.
Image: piyato / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
10. I love fish. I love sushi. Baked salmon with lemon juice is awesome. I don’t eat it often, as I primarily get my protein from cheese, eggs or plants (quinoa, walnuts, wheat gluten, garbanzo beans, black beans etc).
11. I really love The Sak‘s classic colorful purse designs. I wish they made more in purple, pink, red and black multi-stripes. I want to learn to knit (or crochet?) in their style to create my own nylon knit/crochet purse in my favorite colors.
Questions from Jen:
1. What is your favorite skincare product?
Right now my favorite skincare product is LaVanila The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream. It’s a 100% natural moisturizing sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. I’ve been using it for over a year now. I love it. Every time I run out, I immediately head out to Sephora to replace it. It’s my holy grail of daytime moisturizers with SPF. It’s gentle on my eyes, it’s moisturizing without being oily on my face. I LOVE it. It’s free of oxybenzone, PABA, fragrance, nano-particles, parabens, sulfates, dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, gmos, triclosan, etc. It’s basically just a wonderful moisturizer with spf and antioxidants. I will cry if LaVanila Laboratories ever stops making this sunscreen.
2. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be?
A standard poodle, of course! Poodles are super smart, they don’t shed, they’re easy to train, they’re good natured and they love people. They’re all around awesome dogs.
3. What is your favorite candle scent?
Right now it’s this Island breeze scent that has mango in it.
4. If you could only eat one type of vegetable for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Only one? Ack! Uhm, peas. I love peas. If I could only eat one vegetable for the rest of my life, I’d choose peas. Green beans are a close second, though.
5. Manicures, pedicures or both?
Both! I love color on my tips and toes.
6. What’s the one spa treatment you will splurge on?
Typically at the spa I get waxed and I get my hair cut. Normally I color my own hair but my color and extensions stylist Sara did an AWESOME job, so sometimes I will splurge and let her color it.
7. Favorite song from the ’80s?
OMG, so many Sisters of Mercy songs to choose from! Lucretia My Reflection or This Corrosion.
8. Worst fashion trend ever?
I really dislike tracksuits as fashion.
9. What superpower do you wish you had?
10. What type of makeup do you put on every time you leave the house – if any? (Or most of the time anyway.)
At the very least I have on moisturizer with SPF (face, neck, hands, lips), mascara and eyeliner. Normally I wear eye shadow, brows, blush, lips, and foundation, too.
11. What part of your face or body do you love the most?
I love my eyes. They’re blue-green and I like how I have the swirl of green in the center of my eyes with the blue on the outside.
I’m tagging the following people (but please only play along if you want )
Judi at Judixo
Amanda at Snarky Princess
Viola at Killer Colours
Wendi at MakeupZombie
Mai at Portrait of Mai
Brittany at Clumps of Mascara
Vijaya at Fierce Nerditude
Heather at Eyeconic Makeup
Cin at Cin Seven 13
Ali at niftyBA!
Mandy at Pretty Making
My questions for those I tagged:
1. Are there any colors of eye shadow or lipstick that you just won’t wear?
2. What’s your latest makeup obsession?
3. What’s your favorite color for spring this year?
4. Do you have a favorite flower?
5. What’s one product that was hyped up that let you down?
6. What’s your favorite hair color on you?
7. What’s your favorite pet?
8. What is your favorite genre of books to read?
9. If you were asked to make your dream makeup or nail polish collection, what would be in it? (colors, finishes, products) How would you name it?
10. If you could only pick one foundation to wear, what would it be?
11. What’s one makeup item/collection that you skipped that you regret missing?
Poodles are super cool, but if I were a dog, I don’t think I’d be a poodle. Maybe a German Shep? =D
I’ll save the rest of my answers for the response post. Thanks for the tag!
German Shepherds are very cool You’re welcome!
Aww this was such a cute post! and I LOVE your hair blonde/pink!!!
Loved this post! It’s always nice to know more about the bloggers I read. And I also find thunderstorms really beautiful but I hate when I have to go out and it’s raining, so I don’t know if I would like to live on a place that is famous for storms…
It’s great when I’m at home and it’s pouring
Loved learning more about you! Girl, you have had some fun hair color over the years! I am going to have to read the Last Herald-Mage series! I’m always searching for a great book series…I can’t believe I didnt discover these as I was growing up (my nose was in a book so much when I was young that my Mom thought that I wouldnt develop social skills!). Cute post…I might have to hop on this tag eventually!
Aww Thanks Pammy!
babe your skin looks amazing!!!
Thank you <3 <3 <3
I love sushi too! Lets get sushi next time!
Yes yes yes!
I love the look you have as the photo for this post. Just gorgeous and perfect for the start of spring!
Thank you KT!
Yay – thanks for playing along! My boyfriend thought the “about me” post would have been super easy but it took me like 2 hours for some reason. A lot of pics!
Last Herald-Mage!!!! To this day the series is my guilty pleasure reading for when I jut don’t feel like myself. And it had a similar effect on me, though rereading it years later there’s a certain amount of “…wait. did Misty just imply… ok, just smiling and nodding now.” Actually, the first friend who ever came out to me did so because I was talking about those books with her.
Thanks for sharing. It’s always so neat to see what’s behind the person who brings us all these cool reviews.
Yay I’m glad you love it!
The Valdemar books are so, so good. I had to replace my hardcovers of “Queen’s Own” and “The Last Herald-Mage” twice because I read them to pieces. I just love the world and wish I had a lovely Companion for my own. <3 Or maybe I want to go off and live with the Hawkbrothers. lol
I feel like Phaedra is pretty close for me <3
Oh Phyrra, you are so lovely! I enjoyed this post about you! Your blog was one of the first beauty blog I landed upon, and I always found myself coming back to read more. Now I frequently check yours for updates, yet this is my first time commenting I admire you very much. I feel I can trust your opinion in a community ravaged by people that seem to lie and cheat to earn a quick buck. Thank you for that.
Aww thank you so much Rachel! Your kind words really mean a lot to me.
I love reading these things Poodles are lovely, i’ve got a fuzzy one resting his head on me right now
Yay! Poodles FTW!