Saturday afternoon I met up with a few of the lovely beauty bloggers here in the Tampa Bay Area. Judi of Judixo, Genia of GeniaBeMe and Cristina of Let Them Have Polish met up with Ray and I at Matoi Sushi in Tampa. The sushi was pretty good! They have both Korean food and Sushi on their menu. I ordered sushi. Their dynomite roll was awesome and I highly recommend it.
As I’d been at a very long doctor’s appointment Saturday morning, I had very little time to do makeup before the lunch. I did a lightning quick look.
- Benefit Oxygen Wow foundation in I’m Pure 4 Sure Ivory – on t-zone and eyelids
- Urban Decay Frigid to define brows
- MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood on lid
- Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof liner in Bronze – lower lash line
- gloMinerals liner in Peach – lower water line
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Pure Nude on center of lid
- Alima Pure blush in Sahara
- Nyx blush in Taupe to contour
- Urban Decay highlighter in Moonshine
- Too Faced Better Than False Lashes system (black mascara, then nylon fibers, then more mascara)
- Revlon matte lipstick in Smoked Peach
- Revlon colorburst gloss in Sunset Peach
I didn’t use eyeshadow primer because I wanted to see how well my paint pot would hang around on top of foundation. The answer? By 4 hours I was creased and most of the color was gone.
After our lovely lunch and chat, Cristina had to take off and head home. Genia and Judi and I went to Nordstrom Rack to see what sort of deals we could find. Their products change all the time, but they sometimes have some great steals. However, having a smart phone, like my Android, makes it possible to check online to see if the price in store is truly a bargain or if I should pass.
We saw a lot of cute and interesting things, but I ended up having to pick up this Betsey Johnson wristlet.
It’s cute, it’s soft and it’s got a surprising amount of room inside. For $29, I figured it would be worth it.
I can fit my Kindle Fire inside it! Yay! I think my goal with most of my purses is to be able to fit my kindle fire inside so it can come everywhere with me. I didn’t think that would be a possibility with the wristlet, but I’m glad I was wrong.
Sadly, I just found out that Betsey Johnson filed for Chapter 11. It sounds like most of the stores will close, aside from ones in cities like NYC.
Anyway, after the great time with fellow bloggers and friends, I had a great day. I went home and took a nap (exciting, I know) because apparently 4 hours of sleep + doctor + lunch + shopping meant I was one tired lady! Phaedra was overjoyed to have me home, and always up for cuddle time.
How did you spend your Saturday? Do you like sushi? What do you think of Betsey Johnson?
Some products purchased by me. Some products sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.