I chose to do a look from the Urban Decay Smoked Palette (upcoming review and swatches, I promise!) today for this tutorial. I picked the Smoldering look for two reasons:
- I find it hard to wear browns, because they often turn into a muddy mess.
- I find it incredibly difficult to line my upper waterline.
So I figured this look would be challenging for me and a good way to improve my skills.
How to Achieve the Smoldering look from the UD Smoked Palette Look Book:
- Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance Lemon Drop.
- Apply Freestyle from crease to brow.
- Highlight the browbone with Kinky, blending it with Freestyle.
- Tightly trace Barlust along the entire lower lash line.
- Apply Barlust to the entire lid.
- Blend Barlust out of the crease, the shades should merge seamlessly from crease to brows.
- Line outer 1/3 of upper and lower lash line with Perversion.
- Use a brush to fuse Perversion into the lash line.
- Apply a bit more of Barlust on top of Perverson.
- Tightline the outer 1/3 of the upper and lower lash line, then line the upper and lower waterline with Perversion.
- Add some mascara, do your brows, and you’re ready to go!
Eye Products Used:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Lemon Drop
- Urban Decay Freestyle – from eyebrows to lashline
- Urban Decay Kinky – on browbone to highlight
- Urban Decay Barlust – tightly along lower lash line, applied on lid, later on top of UD Perversion liner.
- Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion – outer 1/3 of upper and lower lash line, upper and lower waterline
- Smashbox Lash Primer
- Milani Runway Lashes Mascara
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Face Products Used:
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in .5
- Silk Naturals Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
- Benefit Bella Bamba – blush
- tarte Illuminator in Champagne – highlight
- Venomous Cosmetics gloss in Flamingo