I did an Olympics themed look and tutorial for Jen at My Beauty Bunny. I remember being into the Olympics as a kid, but I didn’t really get into them this year. I always loved the gymnastics competition though. I didn’t see any of the events this year until I was at my BFF’s rehearsal dinner. We were all entranced by the girls on the bars. It was really impressive to see. The 2012 Summer Olympic Games took place in London, United Kingdom this year. They ran from July 27 to August 12, 2012. So today is the closing ceremonies and I think that it’s fitting that I have a tutorial today.
The look I did for Jen was very wearable, so this one is more just a fun look. Please go check out the tutorial I did for her and let me know what you think. I had the sad realization that I don’t own a bright silver liner! I own dark greys, because I think they are flattering with my eye color, but no brights! I need to remedy that.
How to Achieve the Look:
- Prep your eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Apply NARS Bombshell from lashline to just under the eyebrows.
- With MAC Fix+ on a damp eyeliner brush, make a link with Illamasqua Bronx, and then with Urban Decay S&M. Make the final link with Urban Decay 24/7 El Dorado liquid liner. I probably should have done 3 separate pictures for this but I was so intent on it I forgot to snap a picture in between each link.
- Line the lower lash line and upper lash line with Too Faced Perfect Storm.
- Line the lower waterline and inner v with Urban Decay 24/7 Baked liner.
- Apply mascara.
- Highlight at the inner corner and under your brows with Inglot 351 and you’re done.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NARS Bombshell – lid, crease and lower browbone
- Illamasqua Bronx – bronze ring (with MAC Fix+)
- Urban Decay S&M – silver ring (with MAC Fix+)
- Urban Decay 24/7 El Dorado liquid Liner – gold ring
- Urban Decay 24/7 Baked Liner – lower waterline and inner v
- Too Faced Perfect Storm – lower lash line and upper lash line
- Inglot 351 – highlight
- Milani Runway lashes mascara
- Anastasia Lash Genius
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
- Jane Iredaile Glow Time BB Cream in BB1
- Tarina Tarantino Coral Cameo – coral cream blush
- Tarina Tarantino Coral Cameo – shimmery gold highlight
- Urban Decay lipstick in Confession – applied sparingly with a lip brush
- Urban Decay lipstick in Midnight Cowboy – layered on top of Confession
One great thing about having hooded eyes is that I have a lot of browbone space to work with for art. In this case, my links.
Did you watch the Olympics? What was your favorite event? Do you typically watch them?