Every once in a while when I receive a product to review I swear I hear angels sing. I received Pharmagel Hydra Cleanse Gentle Facial Cleanser sometime last year to review and I am sadly only getting to it now. I wish I’d gotten to it sooner.
The Website Claims:
This bottle of PharmaGel Hydra Cleanse is a great foaming gel cleanser for skin. Wash your skin clean of dirt, dead skin cells and other build up that clog the pores. Hydra Cleanse will also leave your skin soft and smooth after you shower. It uses a combination of various seaweed extracts and moisturizing plant ingredients to effectively clean and smooth all skin types. Massage the Hydra Cleanse into the skin in small circular motions. Apply it both day and night. Rinse the skin with lukewarm water. This product is non-abrasive, drying or stripping and can be used for the most sensitive of skin types.
- Oat Extract stimulates deep penetrating moisture retention to heal skin.
- Panthenol is a stable form of pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5). It aids in moisture retention and promotes the regeneration of damaged skin.
- Seaweed extracts Dulse, Wakame, Sea Lettuce, Algae and Spirulina provide exceptional moisturizing and conditioning properties.
- Aloe Vera is used primarily for its healing & soothing properties in addition to its excellent moisturizing properties.
- Lactic Acid is an AHA that occurs naturally in biofermented vegetables. It provides a mild pH to alkaline products and is very moisturizing.
Ingredient Listing & Purpose:
Algae Extract – Moisturizing, Lactic Acid -Humectant, Aloe Vera Gel – Soothing, Methylparaben – Preservative, Beta Glucan – Moisturizing, Oat Extract -Moisturizing, Butylene Glycol – Humectant, Panthenol – Humectant, Deionized Water -Solvent, Propylparaben – Preservative, Dulse Extract – Soothing, Sea Lettuce Extract – Moisturizing, Fragrance – Botanical fragrance, Spirulina – Moisturizing, Irish Moss Extract – Soothing, Wakame Extract – Moisturizing
$20.50 for 8 fl. oz. (from amazon.com, $25 elsewhere)
Does it live up to its claims?
Yes. This is an incredibly great cleanser for my sensitive skin. I definitely feel like my face is soft and clean afterwards, rather than that too tight feeling. Additionally, I love that it comes with a pump so I can easily pump out as much or as little as I need.
Would I purchase?
Yes. It’s a pretty good gentle cleanser. If you’re looking for a new cleanser for sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend this one.
To the best of my knowledge, this product is not tested on animals.
Product sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.