Recently I had the opportunity to try out the latest shampoo offering from Shielo. It’s their Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo.
It smells soooooooooo good!
The Website Claims:
Serious hydration to address the needs of thick, dry or overstyled hair. A great treatment for all hair types that become dry from chemical processing or the stress of heat styling. Avoids dehydration by keeping hair moisturized, fluid and free flowing.
- Moisturizes and fortifies dry or over-styled hair
- Certified organic extracts of white tea and shea
- Sulfate Free
- UV protectants and antioxidants from White Tea enhance color protection.
- Shea Butter adds a protective moisture barrier to seal the hair shaft.
- Hibiscus and Vanilla Cactus help soothe the scalp, which can become dry and irritated from color treatments.
$16.00 for 8 fl. oz.
Does it live up to its claims?
From what I can tell, yes! I’ve been trying it out with different conditioners (Black 15 in 1 and Marc Anthony Moroccan Oil) and it works well with them both. It smells so good. I don’t know if it’s the hibiscus that makes it smell so good or what, but I just love it. It really is made for hair that’s been colored. I didn’t experience it ripping out my color at all, it was very gentle in that respect.
Would I purchase?
Yes. This stuff smells so good and it feels good in your hair. I love that it has shea butter in it. I did take off one star because I do feel like shipping is a bit high on the site.
Shielo Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo is available at Shielo.com and is currently on sale.
Product purchased by me. All opinions are my own.