For my next installment in the Orchid series, I have the Exotic Phalaenopsis orchids, sometimes referred to as moth orchids. Really, I just wanted to do a look with Too Faced Poison Orchid, and since as far as my research showed me, there are no ‘real’ poison orchids, the gorgeous Purple Phalaenopsis Orchid will be the next variety of flower represented. Anyway, I think this is a nice interpretation of the purple smoky eye for fall. Also, this looks GREAT with glasses on.
This look could be made hotter with false lashes but my allergies have been really awful, so I’m trying not to irritate my eyes.
I was looking at Phaedra and smiled when the flash went off.
How to Achieve the Look:
- Prep the eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
- Apply Illamasqua Heroine from lashlight to browbone, very lightly.
- Line the outer upper and lower lash lines with Too Faced Perfect Black Orchid liner, then smudge the liner.
- Apply Too Faced Poison Orchid to the lid.
- With a rounded crease brush apply Sugarpill Poison Plum to the crease and inner lid.
- With a highlighter brush, blend out the upper crease shade with Too Faced Heaven.
- Apply more Poison Orchid to the outer crease.
- Apply Poison Plum to the inner v and inner lower lash line.
- Apply Poison Orchid along the outer lower lash line.
- Apply more Perfect Black Orchid along the upper lash line and extend it out into a cat eye shape, then smudge more Poison Orchid on top of it.
- Line the upper and lower waterline with Too Faced Perfect Black liner.
- Highlight under the brows and at the inner eye area with Too Faced Firefly.
- Add mascara or falsies and you’re done.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Illamasqua Heroine – lash line to eyebrows
- Too Faced Perfect Black Orchid- outer upper and lower lash line
- Too Faced Poison Orchid – lid and outer crease, outer lower lash line
- Sugarpill Poison Plum – crease and inner lid, inner v, and inner lower lash line
- Too Faced Heaven – browbone
- Too Faced Firefly – to highlight under eyebrows and at inner corner
- Too Faced Perfect Black Liner – upper and lower waterline
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
- Smashbox Lash Primer
- LashControl Volumizing Mascara
- Anastasia Lash Genius
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer
- Too Faced Amazing Face Liquid Foundation in Vanilla mixed with Face Atelier Zero Minus
- Silk Naturals Oil Control Blur finishing powder
- MAC Vintage Grape – blush
- Too Faced Candlelight Duo – highlight
- Nyx Natural Beige lip pencil
- Kryolan High Gloss in Toffee
I love how my eyes turned out. Ray loved it too! Then again, he’s partial to purple.
What do you think of this purple look? Would you wear it?
Some products purchased by me. Some products sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.