This guest post is from a talented beauty blogger named Alexis. I love her work so I asked her if she would make us this tutorial on how to create roses on your nails. I think it’s beautiful! Her blog is XOXO Alexis Leigh.
Hi everyone! My name is Alexis and I’m extremely bad at explaining myself! In short, I’m a beauty obsessed girl with a huge supportive family I love. I never could’ve imagined how much I would love blogging, but here I am and now I can’t imagine stopping! I’m currently working towards getting my cosmetology license which is extremely exciting, but for now I’m just sharing my passion with my readers I hope you guys enjoy the tutorial I created!
1. After you prep the nails with a base coat, paint your nails with your desired base color. I used a grey shade for this tutorial.
2. Using a dotting tool and your 2nd color, create misshaped “blobs.’ I used a bright blue. You can do a more subtle shade if you want less contrast.
3. Using a striping brush and your 3rd color, create a u shape in the middle of each blob. I used black.
4. Create 3 more less curved u shapes around the middle u.
5. Repeat step 4, following the pattern of the blob (but not perfectly).
6. Optional Step. Using the smallest dotting tool you have or a ballpoint pen, create small dots in the empty space using your 4th and last color. I used light blue.
Here’s how nice it looks without the dots.
It looks great with the dots, too!
A big thank you to Alexis Leigh for this beautiful rose mani tutorial! I love it!
Tags: Nail Polish
This is very helpful! You make it look so easy! Thank you!
Oh wow, this is SO SO awesome!
Sweet! I love it! I’ve been thinking about doing nail art and it’s great to see how it’s done.
Wow this is so beautiful! I don’t know whether I have the coordination to get an end result anywhere near that perfect looking, but makes me want to try!
Your nails are gorgeous!!!!
Ooo! A new, easy rose tutorial. I have a great method but I like this one, too. Thank you so much.
Thanks for this…don’t know if I’ve got the patience for it…but well worth a try! I do like the blue roses.
Pingback: Urban Decay Vice, Raven’s Land, Makeup Geek Immortal and More | Phyrra | Beauty for the Bold
Thanks for the tutorial! It seems do-able, hehe. I love it with the tiny polka dots!