Happy Monday! This morning I’ve got a tutorial for you with Darling Girl Cosmetics. The colors I used today are MUST HAVE shades, in my book and I’m so glad I purchased them. First up is Leviathan, a rich teal blue with strong green flash and a subtle shift to almost a periwinkle shade. It’s amazing and rich. Next is Nerpette, a deep reddish purple base with strong blue sheen. This is another rich shade that is beautiful. Both Rainbow Brite and Charon are ‘glowy’ shades that are nice to layer on top of other colors or to highlight. White Rabbit is like Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk, except it doesn’t crease on me the way that Milk would sometimes crease. All of these shades are awesome and I highly recommend them.
Now, onto two other colors that I can’t really recommend. In this look I also used Impulse Cosmetics Witching Hour, which looks beautiful, but really didn’t meet my expectations in its performance. It’s a black shade with fuchsia and aqua sparkles, but the fuchsia and aqua didn’t show up after I blended out the crease, nor when I went to pat it back on my eye. They refused to stick around. Then when I tried Impulse Cosmetics Melancholy lipstick, it was incredibly difficult to apply the color evenly. I used a lip brush but it still doesn’t look great, in my opinion. I like the color but the texture just didn’t work for me.
Finally, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara really lives up to its name. It’s awesome. It’s even better if you’re not mascara challenged like I am.
How to Achieve the Look
- Apply Urban Decay Walk of Shame on the browbone. Dab Darling Girl White Rabbit on the lid.
- Pat Darling Girl Leviathan onto the inner 3/4 of the lid.
- Pat Darling Girl Nerpette on the outer lid, blending inwards.
- Dab White Rabbit onto the crease. Blend Impulse Witching Hour into the crease and outer lower lid.
- Blend Nerpette along the outer lower lid and then Leviathan along the inner lower lid.
- Blend Darling Girl Rainbow Bright into the upper crease.
- Highlight with Darling Girl Charon under the brows and at the inner corner.
- Line the waterline with Buxom Call Me. Then line with Tarina Tarantino Cute Robot on top.
- Add mascara.
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Darling Girl Watercolor Paint Pot in White Rabbit – lid and crease
- Urban Decay Walk of Shame – browbone and upper crease
- Darling Girl Leviathan – inner lid, inner v and inner lower lash line
- Darling Girl Nerpette – outer lid, blended inwards, lower lash line
- Impulse Witching Hour – crease, outer v and outer lower lash line
- Darling Girl Rainbow Brite – upper crease and lower browbone
- Darling Girl Charon – to highlight at inner corners and under brows
- Buxom Call Me liner – waterline
- Tarina Tarantino Cute Robot liner – waterline
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse in Rich Brown
- Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in N10
- MAC Azalea Blossom – blush
- Too Faced Candlelight Duo – highlighter
- bareMinerals Stroke of Brilliance – under eyes
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder
- Urban Decay 24/7 Ozone lip pencil
- Impulse Melancholy lipstick