Happy Halloween! I created a Monster High Catrine DeMew Tutorial since this is the costume that I’m wearing today. You can see other Monster High tutorials from Erin – Draculaura, Cleo de Nile, and Lagoona Blue. Catrine DeMew is a werecat. She’s an artist.
How to Achieve the Look
- Start by applying Sugarpill Tako to the crease and browbone.
- ‘Cut’ the crease with Urban Decay Empire. It doesn’t need to be perfect, just in the general shape.
- Blend Sugarpill Elemental Chaos onto Empire, then blend upwards.
- Blend Sugarpill Frostine into Elemental Chaos, blending upwards.
- Mix Lumi & Magentric together and apply to the lid and area below the ‘cut’.
- Apply Frostine to the lower lid. Deepen the outer lower lid with Elemental Chaos.
- Line the upper lash line, waterline, and outer lower lash line with Empire. Wing it out into a cat eye.
- Add mascara.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Sugarpill Tako – browbone and crease
- Urban Decay Empire 24/7 Liner – to cut the crease, upper lash line, waterline, outer lower waterline
- Sugarpill Elemental Chaos – blended upwards on top of Empire, blended into outer lower lash line
- Sugarpill Frostine – blended upwards with Elemental Chaos in the crease, on lower lid
- Sugarpill Magentric mixed with Lumi – lid
- MAC Paint Pot in Half-Wild – brows (purchased when MAC was still cruelty free)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- OCC Makeup Skin Primer
- Laura Geller Balance n Brighten foundation in Porcelain
- Illamasqua Skin Base Lift in White Light
- MAC Vintage Grape – blush (purchased when MAC was still cruelty free)
- Silk Naturals Flattery Illuminating Finishing Powder
- Melt Cosmetics By Starlight Lipstick
- MAC Grape Lip Pencil – on top of By Starlight (purchased when MAC was still cruelty free)
I challenged myself to do a cut crease to fit my hooded eye shape. I think bringing the ‘cut’ up onto my browbone worked really well.
By Starlight was not the right color, it was too light, so to fix that I put my old MAC Grape pencil on top. That deepened it nicely!
I put a hot pink clip in hair extension in the bangs of my wig to give a pop of pink similar to what I’ve seen for the Monster High Catrine DeMew doll. She’s supposed to be pink and purple. I also messed up and put the beauty mark on the wrong side. It should have been on my left, not my right side. That said, I love how this turned out and I hope you love it too!
Have a safe and wonderful night!