I did a tutorial today using lots of pretty Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I’m never sure how to best use rosy taupes, so I decided to attempt a look with Nightlife by making it the central lid color. After that I reached for Sensuous, because you can’t go wrong with purples. I found using these colors challenging and I almost decided against sharing it with you. But I figured you might enjoy seeing it regardless. It’s good for me to get out of my comfort zone and try colors like this.
How to Achieve the Look
- Apply a thin layer of Vanilla Bean to the browbone. Pat Nightlife onto the lid.
- Blend Sensuous into the crease
- Deepen the outer lid and outer crease with Galaxy.
- Darken the outer v, outer crease and outer lower lid with Drama Queen.
- Lighten the inner upper crease with Silk Naturals Welcome Matte. Line the inner lid with Nightlife
- Blend a little more Sensuous onto the crease. Use Camille under the eyebrows and at the inner corner.
- Line the upper waterline with Buxom Call me. Line the lower waterline with Pixi Well Rested. Add mascara. Add a dab of tarte day highlighter duo.
You can see that my hair looks more like a midnight blue with some tonal variation. I haven’t decided if I’m going to throw some more teal on it or leave it like this. I kinda like it like this a lot right now.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean – browbone
- Makeup Geek Nightlife – lid and inner lower lid
- Makeup Geek Sensuous – crease and outer lid
- Makeup Geek Galaxy – outer crease and outer lid
- Makeup Geek Drama Queen – outer crease, outer v, outer lower lid
- Silk Naturals Welcome Matte – browbone
- Anastasia Brow Duality in Camille – under brows, inner corner
- tarte day eye highlighter duo – inner corner
- Buxom Call ME liner – upper waterline
- Pixi Beauty Well Rested – waterline
- Ardency Inn Mascara
- Palladio Face Primer
- Laura Geller Balance-in-brighten Foundation in Porcelain
- bareMinerals The Indecent Proposal (Perfect 10) – blush
- bareMinerals Luminizer in The Premiere (Perfect 10) – highlight
- bareMinerals the Many Splendors – highlight
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencil in Glinda
I’m trying to get used to taking more pictures without flash, even though I hate it when it comes to eyeshadow and face shots. I think I always look so weird in these types of shots.
How would you choose to wear Nightlife? Any tips for taupes?