Hi there! Today I’ve got another reader request for you. It’s the Best Ways to Apply Setting Powder. In the video I show my favorite techniques for application. If you have a reader request for makeup techniques, let me know in the comments below or send me an email at Phyrra.Writes at Gmail dot Com.
Please give this video a thumbs up and subscribe!
Favorite Setting Powders
- Silk Naturals Flattery Illuminating Perfecting Powder (vegan)
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder
- Inglot HD Illuminizing Loose Powder in 42
Favorite Tools for Application
What to Use With Setting Powder
- cream foundations
- liquid foundations
You can pretty much use setting powder with any cream or liquid product.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics R0 Skin Conceal
- Illamasqua White Light Skin Base Lift
- bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener
- NARS Chantilly Concealer
- Dr. Brandt Dark Circles Away Collagen Eye Serum
Favorite Cream Foundations
- Performance Colors Light n’ Smooth Snowie Foundation
- Cover FX N Light CC Cream
- NARS Radiant Cream Siberia Foundation
- Silk Naturals HD Cream N10 Foundation (I’m still testing this one but I LOVE the color match!)
- Graftobian Hi-Def Ultra Light Foundation Palette
- Too Faced Snow Glow BB Cream
Favorite Liquid Foundations
- Urban Decay Naked Skin .5 Liquid Foundation
- Senna Lasting Illusion Alabaster Foundation (I’m still testing this one)
- NARS Sheer Glow Siberia Foundation
I really feel like the rolling / pressing / patting method does a better job at setting concealers and foundation. This is the method that James Vincent taught me – using a powder puff to press / roll. It definitely makes my concealer and foundation last longer.
What are your tips and tricks for applying loose setting powder? Do you use it differently than pressed? What are your favorite setting powders?