Happy Teal Thursday! Today is Teal Thursday Easy Galaxy Nails. You just need two polishes to create a gorgeous galaxy. And of course, I’ve got a step by step tutorial for you on how to achieve it. I really love the turquoise blue, deep blue, purple, and pink shift you see when you layer these two colors together. I can’t stop staring at my nails because I love this combination so much!
KBShimmer Shade Shifter – a multi-chrome that changes depending on light and angle from cyan, to blue, to red orange, to purple, and more.
Literary Lacquer Goodnight Moon – a sheer jelly glitter polish, the base is a twilight blue jelly and it’s full of holographic sparkle, chrome silver glitter, and blue holographic and silver moon shaped glitters.
Easy Galaxy Nails Tutorial
- Wipe your nails down to remove all traces of oils from your nails. Push your cuticles back. Use something like Zoya Remove to remove the oils.
- Apply your base coat. I used Cult Nails Get it On base coat.
- Apply 2 to 3 coats of KBShimmer Shade Shifter. I used 2.
- Apply 1 coat of Literary Lacquer Goodnight Moon.
- Apply your top coat. I used 2 coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
Isn’t this the easiest galaxy nail tutorial you’ve ever seen? Most of them involve saran wrap or sponging on multiple colors, but using an awesome multi-chrome shade like Shade Shifter is like applying 4 different colors. And of course, Goodnight Moon is great because it gives you the twinkling moon and stars effect. I really love these nails!
Have you tried Literary Lacquers or KBShimmer? Have you ever done a galaxy mani? Let me know!